- Vitamin D builds strong bones by helping the body absorb calcium. This helps protect older adults from osteoporosis.
- Vitamin D deficiency causes bone diseases, including rickets in children and osteomalacia in adults.
- Vitamin D helps the immune system resist bacteria and virsues7.
- Vitamin D is required for muscle and nerve functions.
- Available data suggest that vitamin D deficiency may be widespread globally.
- Bodies make vitamin D from sunlight, but this varies based on geography, skin color, air pollution, and other factors. Also, sunlight exposure needs to be limited to avoid risk of skin cancer.
- All children need vitamin D beginning shortly after birth. Natural Fat Burner Food Supplement